|Project title:||“Capacity Building in Water Sector”|
|Beneficiary country:||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Contracting authority:||Delegation of European Union to Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Project timing:||January 2014 – January 2016|
The overall project objective is to strengthen administrative capacities in the field of water resources management in line with the EU Acquis and international obligations of BiH.
The purpose of the project is twofold:
- – To provide support for the transposition and implementation of EU water-related Directives; and
- – To improve the management of water resources of the Sava River basin by developing the country’s administrative capacity in the water management field and so enable the designated authorities to prepare a River Basin Management Plan in line with the existing legislation, environmental acquis, and the international obligations of BIH.
Main Project results:
- – Task 1: Transposition and implementation of EU water-related Directives in accordance with the Action Plan, which will be based on the assessment of the progress made to date towards transposing the EU Directives and legislative gaps identified;
- – Task 2: RBM Plans for FBiH, RS and Brcko District including a Roof Report and Programme of Measures for the whole Sava river basin in BiH;
- – Task 3: Water tariff policy framework based upon tariff setting at the municipality/cantonal level including the guidelines for estimating charges for raw water abstraction;
- – Task 4: Human resources plan with the recruitment and training plan;
- – Task 5: An action plan for upgrading the existing water information system(s) with particular emphasis on securing a full compatibility of GIS-maps and databases to be prepared for RBM plans.